The Software Guild
- Developed a solid understanding of Java, Object Oriented Programming concepts, the Spring Framework, Data-Driven Web Application Design, and Relational Database Management through full stack projects.
- Built a blog content management system, using Spring Security, Spring JDBC, and MySQL, with an editor dashboard where adminusers can manage user permissions, posts, static pages and tags through CRUD methods
- Created a superhero sighting web application with Spring JDBC and Thymeleaf that allowed users to add and edit sightings, organizations, heroes and superpowers and store changes in a MySQL database.
- Used Java and the Spring MVC framework to create a business application for a flooring company that enabled users to add, delete,and edit clients and orders. The program was also capable of reading and writing to files to allow for product and state tax updates.
The Nature Conservancy
- Analyzed and organized eelgrass benthic survey data and digitized boat locations in aerial survey images collected around Fishers Island
- Produced an Excel database and ArcGIS shapefiles with relevant metadata for distribution
- Ensured data quality and integrity through communication with Nature Conservancy staff and QAQC
- Prepared final report to aid decision makers in evaluating seagrass management needs and the potential designation of special management areas
- Created maps and charts using R and ArcGIS illustrating seagrass extent and vessel use patterns
- Presented findings to Fishers Island stakeholders,including local and state agency officials and to Nature Conservancy scientists and administrative staff
- Digitized over 10,000 parking lots in Long Island identified as suitable for ground-mounted solar and completed deliverables in a timely manner
Dr. Stephen Gosnell Lab
- Analyzed missing fish trait data using trait relationships and taxonomic information
- Retrieved, cleaned, and analyzed data for over 100 different families of fish from Fishbase using R
- Authored thesis paper and presented research to department faculty
- Maintained indoor and outdoor experiments at the New York Harbor School to test the impact of environmental stressors on oyster growth and survival
- Provided guidance to high school students in data collection
Bachelor of Science, Biology
City University of New York, City College
The Bronx High School Of Science
I enjoy nature and traveling. My hobbies include going fishing, hiking, rockhounding, and camping. The outdoors is where I love to be!